Fruits and vegetables are important weapons to battle toxins. They supply us with vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, antioxidants, enzymes and other nutrients giving support to our major detoxification organs such as the liver, kidneys and colon. They boost up our bodies capability to remove toxins and it also makes our immune system stronger to battle these harmful substances.
Unfortunately, not all of us like fruits and vegetables. Some people have hard time eating them especially vegetables. Juicing can be the right solution. This is a great way to increase our vegetable and fruit intake. Research even said that juicing is better than eating whole fruits and vegetables because the body can absorb the nutrients better and it gives digestive system a rest from working on fiber.
When Juicing, we can mix different fruits and vegetables so it will taste better. It is also best if we make our own juice than buying commercial once since it has already undergone heat treatment lowering its nutritional content.
Other Juicing Tips!
- Make only as much juice as you can drink at one time because fresh squeezed juice can quickly develop harmful bacteria.
- Don’t just stick with one or two favorites. Try different fruits and vegetables on your drink so your body can have all the nutrients it needs.
- If possible, choose organic fruits and vegetables because non organic may have pesticides that can harm you more. If using non organic, peel them with a peeler to remove pesticide residue. Also make sure to wash them thoroughly before juicing.
- Keep each juice recipe simple. You don’t have to include all the fruits and vegetables into a single juice blend just to get all the nutrients. Just pick 2-3 items and juice it according to your taste.
- Drink your juice when your stomach is empty or an hour before eating your meal. Your body will absorb more of the nutrients and enzymes if your stomach is empty.
- Include fruit and vegetable juice on your daily diet.
Some people who want to really clean their bodies do a juice fasting. They abstain from taking solid foods for 2-3 days and drink only fruit and vegetable juice. Fasting longer than 2-3 days needs medical supervision for safety.
Juice fasting is a great way to bring back your system to its healthy state. It has lots of benefits like reducing your risk of cancer, boost your immune system, help you remove toxins from your body, aid digestion, and help you lose weight.
Juice Fasting Guidelines:
- One week before starting; eliminate caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, meat, fried or processed foods, dairy products, and other non healthy foods in your diet.
- Begin to increase your intake of raw salads, fruits, and vegetables so that it won’t be that hard for you to adjust when you start your juice fasting diet.
- Don’t just focus on preparing your body. Also prepare your mind. Write down your goals and objectives and constantly remind yourself on how to achieve them. You may also join yoga classes to help you focus.
- Lastly, avoid negative people that might distract or discourage you from your juice fasting.
Making fresh juice requires time and effort but if you are aware of its benefits and if you are really determined to live healthy, you’ll make time to include it in your daily routine. After quite some time, you will find that the effort you made to include fresh juice in your diet is very worth it!